Thursday 12 May 2016

Kuria's letter to the CJ WILLY MUTUNGA on CORD DEMONSTRATION AGAINST IEBC

An open letter to Chief Justice Willy Mutunga.
 In 1992 when the University of Nairobi wanted to expel me for carrying out my mandate as the duly elected Treasurer of the Students Organisation of Nairobi University (SONU), three people came to my rescue. Prof Kivutha Kibwana was my mentor-advisor. He lost his deanship at the School of Law courtesy to that case. My soulmate the late Otieno Kajwang sought and got an injuction against my expulsion at the High Court. Justice John Mwera gave the orders at 6pm! At the University tribunal, the best and finest lawyer i could get stopped the evil designs of the university at its tracks. That lawyer was none other than your dustinguished self, Willy Munyoki Mutunga. You taught me to respect and obey the law. Today I am proud to have you as the Chief Justice of the Republic of Kenya. Now, wakili wangu, I have a small matter. I have orders from Justice Lenaola stopping Raila Odinga and CORD from storming IEBC offices. CORD has not only defied summons by the court but they have also vowed to ignore the court ruling. Now, wakili wangu, mwalumu wangu, what should i do? Teach me once more. I have myself two criminal cases in the courts. Should i also defy the courts? Should i fail to appear? Should i term your courts 'bandia' as Raila and CORD do all the time? Should i be the only one to obey the court orders, rulings etc ? Forget your role as the CJ. If i were to retain you as my counsel like I did 24 years ago, what would yoy advise me to do? Obey or defy the law and orders from the court?

No comments:

Post a Comment